Email marketing is a powerful tool to use in your MSP marketing campaign. Surveys have shown that over 80% of B2B marketers regularly send out emails and content to their clients. A whole range of marketing emails could likely be inundating the businesses you are reaching out to frequently. To increase your email marketing success, it may be necessary to make a few changes so that your communications stand out.
How to Get Started with Email Marketing
Before looking at how to improve your email newsletters, it’s important to know the basics first. The method is simple. You can collect email and contact information through your website and in person. You then send out email newsletters to these companies every so often. Your content must be relevant to them, and you also get the opportunity to market your services in these newsletters.
The main elements of an email newsletter are:
- There must be a good subject line to catch the reader’s attention.
- The branding must be strong and consistent.
- Your newsletter should include informational blog articles.
- The newsletter should include links to your social media pages and website. All these online channels are an important part of your MSP marketing.
- Your communications should meet CAN-SPAM compliance regulations.
How to Make Your Newsletters Stand Out
Sending out an email newsletter that fulfills the basic requirements described above can only get your business so far. You are probably communicating with busy company executives and officials. There are several things you can do to make emails catch and keep their attention.
Consider including some of these useful sections in your next email newsletter:
- A short ‘About Us’ Section – This helps your new newsletter subscribers get to know a little bit more about your company. This can be an important way to jog their memories of how they know about you.
- Special offers and promotions – By giving your subscribers and readers an extra discount or a free trial on some of your IT services, you can create a loyal readership that loves hearing from you.
- Company announcements – Let your readers know about what is going on in your business, from community outreach, trade show participation, or workshops you are hosting. You can include information on these events beforehand and photos and updates afterward. Employee highlights are also great to add.
- Speaking of the human side of things, why not add something fun and light-hearted to your newsletter? Make your readers laugh with something like a tech joke or a funny tech story.
Having a newsletter that businesspeople enjoy reading requires a range of elements. Besides the ones already discussed, technology fun facts, client testimonials, and holiday greeting can all add value. All these elements combine to make your MSP marketing more effective.