Marketing automation offers a powerful opportunity for ways to boost your managed services marketing sales, efficiency, and performance.
Do you know the capabilities that automation technologies provide?
If you want to increase your sales and managed services marketing productivity, read more about the key benefits marketing automation can have for your MSP growth and the steps to get started.
What Is Marketing Automation?
Marketing automation monitors the behavior of your buyers. This means understanding what they need and where they are in their buyers’ journey. Once this information is determined, interactions with your buyers are automated accordingly.
With this automation, you can customize the sales process to meet the needs of your prospects, giving them the information they need, when they need it.
Marketing Automation Benefits
You’re probably wondering if marketing automation makes sense for your MSP company. The following benefits of marketing automation might help you decide if it’s right for you:
- Building and customizing workflow
- Tracking online behavior and activity
- Provide insights on lifecycle development
- Lead scoring to assess the strength of each lead
- Automate messages to website visitors
- Automate follow-ups and reminders
Marketing Automation Helps Meet Business Objectives
Depending on your objectives, strengths, and challenges, marketing automation can help you meet your marketing goals.
Buyer insights gained from automation lets your marketing team understand what kind of content to create. This helps them deliver the relevant content that supports each phase of the sale’s cycle.
Automation also improves sales productivity by employing a whole set of rules and scoring that only brings the most qualified leads to your sales team.
Steps to Get Started
Once you decide to try automation marketing, follow these steps to get started:
1. Think about your sales and marketing models and how automation will support them. For example, plan on how automated responses occur and how to handle responses from returning prospects. Figure out how new leads will be managed. Also, identify your priorities that can help with your automation efforts.
2. If you’re not sure about full automation for your company, automate the capabilities you already have. Here are a few examples:
- Web forms – Use your existing web forms and automate response with an email reply, thanking them for their submission and offering follow up
- CRM tools – Although CRM doesn’t have complete automation capabilities, it can handle responses to web forms and email tracking.
- Email – If you have an email vendor, use the available automation capabilities.
These are just a few examples of how you can leverage your existing capabilities.
3. Choose a marketing automation platform after you define your objectives and the criteria for your MSP business. Make sure you know your strengths and weaknesses and your future needs before selecting your automation platform. Knowing these things will help you decide which platform is right for you.
4. Implement your automation. You can opt for an independent consultant or vendor to assist you with the automation or use self-service tools for an internal team to set up.
Marketing Automation Is a Powerful Opportunity
As your managed services marketing team looks to meet growth objectives, marketing automation can help them save time and resources. It enables them to create automatic management of the entire buyer’s journey to convert more leads and close sales.