When it comes to IT marketing, there are no magic solutions or gimmicks. If you want to increase leads and conversions rates, you need to identify and create your own prospects. In order to keep your pipeline growing, prospecting is the most effective way to accomplish this. If you follow these tips for successful prospecting, you can increase new opportunities dramatically.
6 Steps to Increasing Qualified Prospects
Before beginning your prospecting journey, stay focused on your ultimate goal of generating leads. Be persistent and willing to accept setbacks. For prospecting to be successful, it requires an optimistic and enthusiastic mindset. With confidence and persistence, you can build a sustainable pipeline.
1. Identify Your Target Audience – The single, most important facet of prospecting is identifying your target audience. Find an audience that is interested in your services and they will be more likely to buy from you. Gather data on your target audience by analyzing IT marketing research, surveys, demographics, and targeted questionnaires. Once you’ve analyzed the data, start building a personal relationship with your audience, so they have confidence and trust in you. Take advantage of digital media and social platforms to connect with your prospects, providing them with educational material on your brand, commenting on their posts, and answering their questions. Always respond with authoritative, valuable information, building a rapport with them from the start.
2. Focus on Prospects Needs – Once you’ve identified your targets and understand their needs and challenges, focus on your presentation. Give your audience the information they need to understand how you can help them. Don’t waste your time providing them with the information they already know, but give them the answers to what they want to know. Anticipate your audience’s concerns and clearly explain why they should choose your services over the competition.
3. Provide Unbeatable Offer – As you build a relationship with your prospects, let them know how your services can help them become more competitive in their marketplace. Explain how you can help them reach their goals with real-world applications. Convey all the information about what you have to offer them in simple and practical terms, explaining how your IT services can build their business.
4. Avoid Impractical Promises – When you’re communicating with your prospects, it can be tempting to offer them special deals or services that you know you can never provide. It might make a sale, but you probably won’t keep the customer in the long run. If you want repeat customers, provide practical offers that provide them with valuable services. Your prospects will appreciate your honesty and transparency, knowing that they can count on you to give them profitable solutions.
5. Keep in Touch with Prospects – Keep the relationship with your prospects alive by consistent communication with them. Make yourself visible every day in some way, so you’re always on their mind. Develop a strategy for keeping in touch with high-potential prospects. Set aside time to engage with them on a regular basis, reminding them about the value of your services.
6. Utilize Various Platforms – Using social media posts, informative blogs, emails, podcasts, newsletters, and personal phone calls helps keep you in constant touch with your audience. Communicate with your prospects on multiple channels to keep your relationship thriving. Provide them with valuable content that builds your brand, leading your prospects along their buyer’s journey to the final sale.
If you follow these six prospecting steps in your IT marketing plan, you’ll see an increase in sales, as well as improved customer loyalty. Success in sales is all about building relationships with your target audience by continuously working on it. Stay persistent and you’ll see results.